Friday 18 July 2014

A sad up date....



Today was supposed to be a happy day.....

Not any more :(

I was getting ready to go to the dentist and pick up my new tooth... as the receptionist said it was ready today... after waiting a whole week for the appointment knowing they had my new tooth.

I just got off the phone with the dentist office... apparently their office is now closed due to their sterilizing machine not working, they cannot stay open due to health and safety reasons.

Where does that leave me??  Having to make another appointment for next week and the earliest they can get me in is Tuesday 11.45...  AND... OMG... the receptionist got the details wrong and my next visit is for a fitting before they send it off the make.  I am livid..... its at the 3 week stage now... and by now I should of had a tooth... I have no idea what has gone wrong, I am thinking that their receptionists need to fully understand what they are doing before they tell their patients the wrong information...

So now since being told this, as you can imagine I am extremely upset... I cannot seem to stop crying.  I think its the fact that its been 3 weeks and I thought I was collecting it as the timing was right... me thinking they went ahead and made it. So now the appointment I have Tuesday is really no guarantee as my dentist is actually ill at the moment... so I really have no idea when if I dont get to go Tuesday my tooth will be fitted?  And then there is the 3 week wait to make it... this is why  I think I am up set.

It is terrible how this has turned out and I am at a loss what to do.. bless him Jon has been looking for another dentist practice for me.  And looking into complaints procedures..  

So this is a sad post... and I am sorry for that as yes I am normally really positive and happy, I feel bad that I am not.  But this has really knocked me for six... waiting more.  Its the not pronouncing my speech properly, feeling self conscious, having people stare at you when I open my mouth... I just want a tooth!!

Thank you for letting me 'feel better' about this.. 

Now to pick myself up and carry on stitching... at least that makes me happy :)

Smiles :)

xx

10 comments:

  1. Is that picture something you can stitch? I looked at it and it made me feel sad but on reflection maybe instead of avoiding and hiding, maybe, we should accept it'll be a sad day sometimes and do our best not to take it out on others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand how you must feel. So frustrating this tooth story...
    I think you are worrying a bit to much. It will get sorted (even Jon is trying to salvage things for you, bless him), don't worry. You still have your health, family & cross stitch...and cross stitch/blog friends. Sending you a big big hugs & keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx
    Here something to cheer you up, I'm a work (now on my break) and my sandal has decided to give up on me... I'm now working with a flapping shoe!! The company I work at is very high profile & there are always important guests/visitors around... imagine! A bit embarrassing for me... but hey ho! What else can I do?? Walk bare feet?? Hmm, that's an idea :D Roll on 4.30pm this afternoon & I can go home & wear my crocs... and dispose of this pair of sandals :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear Jacquie - I am so sorry to hear about all this. Don't worry - things will brighten up. Everyone has a down day…..and aren't you fortunate to have so many blogging friends to share your angst and cheer you? Take care - I'll be thinking of you - all happy thoughts.
    hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Jacquie. I am truly sorry. I know just how it feels to be let down by the medical field. I have had a good cry over things too. Just think to the future. In one year, this won't matter anymore. When you do see the doctor, let him know how disappointed you are. I am praying for you.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry, this IS frustrating - having to wait, and wait more, and get your hopes up, and then learn that they misinformed you. I do wish you a speedy resolution for your problem... Maybe find a better dentist? Or let this one know that his staff needs a training course? Either way, get better soon and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry, Jacquie. Just remember we love you just as you are, with or without that tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry dear..sending you big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jacquie, I am sorry and you must feel so mad and upset.
    Things just happen sometimes , and I know it's not nice , but please don't get yourself upset .
    You are a lovely person, inside and out .
    Tomorrow is another day. big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must be horrible to not have your tooth, sending you a big Hug and hope you feel better soon and yes I would see who is in charge of that receptionist, not cool at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am sorry to hear you have had bad news and disappointment today -doesn't matter that it is a sad post - that is life isn't it. Sending you hugs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)